I am the Program Director at 1410 WING ESPN Radio in Dayton, Ohio...also host of Dayton Sports Scene weekdays at 5p! Find me on Twitter @ESPNMark!
Looking back on the Buckeyes...
by Mark Neal,posted Sep 10 2012 2:43PM
The Buckeye Roundtable is tonight from 6p - 7p. Following a 31-16 OSU victory over Central Florida, much is out there to discuss. Here are what I believe, will be the main topics of discussion tonight, and why...
1. Too many carries for Braxton Miller...We thought 17 was a lot, try 27 on for size. While he might be the biggest threat the offense has, he still needs to carry the ball less. Give it to Hyde, Dunn, or whoever, more often on the read option, end of discussion. Braxton needs work reading the DE.
2. Injuries to Carlos Hyde and Travis Howard...How long are they out? Either one is a huge loss to the team. No Hyde means another RB on the shelf. You can hurry Jordan Hall back all you want, he won't be effective unless he is healthy. Howard has 3 picks so far in 2012, and with Bradley Roby, makes one of the best combos in the country at CB. Little depth in the defensive secondary makes his injury a big story.
3. Where has the pass rush gone...No Nathan Williams didnt help. Not as though the front 7 played poorly, by any means, but this will be a big topic , trust me folks.
4. Does Ohio State have a vertical passing game...Answer, as of right now, is no. Braxton is throwing shorts passes nearly exclusively. Philly Brown and Devin Smith, the teams leading recievers against UCF, both averaged under 10 yards per catch. With their speed, and playmaking ability, that is a strange stat. It's because OSU is playing it close to the sweater vest through the air, so far.
5. What in the world happened to the Big 10 Saturday...Losses all over, including 3 to PAC 12 schools out west. How good is the Big 10? Is OSU the best team in the conference?